Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vegan Tacos!!!

It's kind of funny when you're craving a certain food isn't it? It's like out of nowhere comes this image, FLYING through your head, and within seconds, your thoughts have determined in some form or another that you MUST have this food!




Isn't that crazy?






So, next thing you know, here I go flying out of my chair like a mad woman, only to realize-  I never bought the spaghetti noodles! Who had interrupted me? Why was this not in my cabinet?!



Before the next accusing thought had a chance to make it's way to the forefront of my brain, I was saved by yet another thought! Helpful, this time!




Veeeeeeegan Tacos!!





Seriously one of those moments when the world opens up and gives you a big 'ol pat on the back! 



You go girl! 





Ingredients
Pita Bread
1/2 of an avocado
handful of raw sunflower seeds
Hot sauce
Roasted red pepper hummus
Vegan Mozzarella Shreds





I'm currently obsessed with toasted raw sunflower seeds. So perfect for snacking.



In a skillet (no oil), place a handful of raw sunflower seeds, flipping over a few times until the seeds have a slight, brown tint. Place in a bowl off to the side, to cool.


Spread some roasted red pepper hummus onto pita bread. Next, place the pita bread in a skillet (medium - low heat, no oil).  Top with cheese, avocado slices and sunflower seeds. 

Fold in half and cook for a few minutes on both sides, and remove from heat.




Sprinkle a little hot sauce and that baby is ready to devour!!





Enjoy!

Xo,

Ahfro

No comments:

Post a Comment