Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spicy Sweet Potato Burgers


Two veggie burgers in one day?  Yep! That's how I get down.










I was so stoked about those kale burgers, that i just had to let you in on the goodness of these sweet potato burgers that I threw down on yesterday!




I'm all about easy. Get in the kitchen, get my groove going and it's on!





Ingredients :

2 yams
2 avocados
tumeric
s+p
basil
chili powder
vanilla almond milk
breadcrumbs







Directions


Peel and boil the yams (covered), until soft. ( I never time these things, forgive me y'all-  stick a fork through the potato and it should slide out clean and easy when it's ready.)

Drain the water and transfer to a mixing bowl.

Use a fork, food processor or blender to mash your potatoes. They should have a slightly thick consistency.

Add a dash of s+p, turmeric, dried basil, chili powder, breadcrumbs, almond milk and stir.

Form into patties and cook in a skillet on medium heat  The patties should have a charred look when they're done.






Mmmhhmmm!mmmmhhmm!!! Tasty!



Serve with avocado slices on toasted, whole grain bread. Deeeeee-lish-US!

Enjoy!

xo,

Ahfro





No comments:

Post a Comment